Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hubpages and Squidoo (click on this title)

I just recently signed up for Hubpages and Squidoo. They are sites that allow you to make your own mini web page. Hubpages calls them Hubs and Squidoo calls them lenses. It is really simple to make a page about topics that interest you and publish it to the web. They have modules that place ads and other revenue sources next to your content. So far, I have to say that I am much more impressed with Hubpages. I have gotten 34 views in just a few days vs only 1 at Squidoo. Of course, neither site has made any money yet. I certainly don't expect to make a ton, but it would be nice if I could get about $20/month eventually. I am going to try and make about 100 Hubs over the next year and about the same number of lenses (if any traffic ever shows up). I may just go with the site that is working the best. Anyway, it will be an interesting experiment to see what happens. Besides, even if I don't make anything, I am having fun and learning. Just click on the title and you can go to my Hubpages profile.

No comments: