Thursday, December 13, 2007

Weight Loss

Today was Thursday, the day I exercise with Vee. I think he was trying to prove a point today since I posted his video (see Dec 9--Planks by Vee). He had me start with negative chin-ups after putting 50 pounds on the belt around my waist. I was able to do 2 good ones for about 15 seconds each, then nothing. So, he had me take off the weight and do some more with just my bodyweight. I did two more good ones and that was it. Then it was right to planks again. Ouch again. After that, shoulder press, leg press, inside thighs and lower back rounded out the routine.

The temperature in the exercise area is always kept at 62 or 63 degrees. By the end of the workout, it feels like it is about 75. Then the hallway feels like a sauna and makes me feel like I want to puke. I always drive home with the air conditioning on in the van even in the winter.

Oh, about that weight loss. I weighed in at 203.4 pounds. I started in August of 2006 at 230 lbs and lost down to about 213 by the end of this summer. That's when Vee started weighing me each week before my workout. He also gave me an eating plan (not diet). Well, I'm not always good at following the plan but when I do eat junk, I try to eat less--two slices of pizza instead of four. Anyway, it's nice to have someone to be accountable to (nor do I want to mess with Vee of 2 minute chin up fame). I'll try to drink more water this week, Vee.

No comments: