Friday, January 18, 2008

Golf Trip in South Carolina

I am with my brother-in-law and 16 other guys for our annual January golf trip in South Carolina. I shot fairly well for me today. I was striking the ball fairly well despite not having played since October. I did go to the driving range on Wednesday. During summers at home, I usually shoot somewhere between 95 and 105. My goal down here is to keep it under 100. Shot 97 today with 4 penalties.

Unfortunately, the weather is a little chilly. Today is likely to be our best weather day with a high of around 50. It was overcast and 40's in the morning but by about 2 pm we did get to see the sun. Tomorrow, we are anticipating mid 40's and rain (up to 1 in). I hope it doesn't rain. The good thing is that my golf game is not affected by the weather since it isn't the greatest anyway. I just hope I can feel my fingers and toes at the end of the day.

The hotel has wireless internet which seems like a major advance considering where we are. This is the first year my brother-in-law hasn't had to step out into the parking lot to get a cellular signal. Right now we are watching 1 vs 100 on the 19-in tube TV. Some guy just risked $250,000 and lost. Ouch. That is worse than 3 putting.

No comments: