Thursday, January 3, 2008

Vee and Exercise, Inc

Today was my day to workout with Vee. At weigh-in, I ended up gaining 1 pound during the holidays. Not bad considering all the junk I have been eating. Now that things are getting back to a regular schedule, I should be able to continue losing some weight. My goal will be to get to 200 pounds by the end of January from 204.2. I think it is doable. Today, he had me start on negative chin-ups with 40 lbs. The first few were real good...nice and slow. I did 5 that way and did 2 with just my body weight. Then it was on to chest press. Next it was leg curls. I had been able to do the entire stack of 200 lbs until I hurt my knee while refereeing soccer in the spring. It hurt most of the year. I am just getting back to the point where it doesn't hurt (it used to hurt just driving). I was able to do 180 on that.

Next, I went to the leg press. I was able to do 520 lbs for 1 minute 20 secs. My goal is to do the whole stack of 600 lbs in the next 2-3 years. A lot of it depends on what exercises I have done prior to the leg press. We finished with leg adductors (inner thighs). I was pretty much spent by then.

I mentioned that I would ask Vee about some of his workout history. He has been doing the high intensity in slow motion (I guess superslow has been trademarked--here is a link to the founder Ken Hutchins's site http://www.superslow.com/) exercising for 4 years exclusively now. He used to do the regular type of weight training, but has since gotten bigger and stronger over the past 4 years. I know it has helped me quite a bit. I have included another portion of his work-out...the leg extension.


No comments: