Monday, January 21, 2008

Golf Trip Update

Well, it is Monday evening. We have played 4 out of our 6 days of golf in South Carolina. It is very cold here (but colder at home). It rained on us the entire time on Saturday in 40 degree weather. I was absolutely soaked afterwards. About 40% of the group didn't even play. I ended up shooting a 103 which wasn't bad considering I couldn't feel my hands or feet for most of the day. Sunday, while still cold, was sunny and felt much better. The course was in good shape too, considering all the rain from the day before. But it was still cart path only which added some time to the round. We still got done about halftime of the Patriots-Chargers game.

My son likes the Chargers as well as the Colts. I am sure he was disappointed. It would have been nice to see what they would have done had LT played. Maybe the outcome would have been different, or maybe it wouldn't.

On Sunday, I shot a 98. Not bad, but it could have been better. I had a crow steal a protein bar out of my cart as I was putting on the 10th hole. I saw them milling around the other cart, so I took my half eaten protein bar and wrapped it back up in the package, thinking they couldn't get to it. It turns out the crow picked up the package in his beak and flew off with it. As soon as he got it, about ten others starting chasing him around. He landed and put it down on the fairway, fought some of them off, then picked it back up and flew away with the others in hot pursuit. It was a pretty funny sight.

Today was again sunny but cold. I had 8 penalty strokes since for some reason my typical slice off the tee left and all I had was this nasty hook into the woods. I ended up shooting a 102. Oh well. So much for the PGA.

Finally, today was MLK day. He was killed before I was born, but I am glad that we remember and honor him. He was a great man. I hope that despite the physical and cultural differences that exist between all human beings, we can remember that we are all God's children and treat one another with the respect deserving of God's creation.

No comments: